Terms and Conditions
Connecting Construction Ltd trading as Constructnet is registered as a company in England and Wales no. 12248598. Registered office Waterside House, Falmouth Road, Penryn, TR10 8BE.
Acceptance of Terms
Your access to and use of Connecting Construction Ltd trading as Constructnet (“the Website”) and the Services (defined below), are subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions.
You agree not to use the Website and/or Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
Constructnet reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website and/or Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Constructnet may update the Websites from time to time and may change the content at any time.
If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Websites and/or Services.
These Terms and conditions were last updated on 1 November 2019.
You are only permitted to access and use this Website for your personal, non-commercial purposes, meaning this Website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual or by a business to seek a product or service directly for that individual or business and on their own behalf. Access to and use of this Website other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
You are not permitted to use this Website:
- In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
- To harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person, or in a way that invades another person’s privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us.
- To create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories.
- To tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Website.
- In a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems as determined by us.
- Using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system.
- You may not operate a link to this Website without written permission and only do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to this Website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to this Website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
Membership to Constructnet
By purchasing membership through the Constructnet website you agree to all terms and conditions mentioned within this Policy. If you decide to cancel your membership to Constructnet 1 months notice for monthly membership and 12 months notice for yearly membership must be given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to cancel your membership without giving the required notice then you will be liable for payment of the notice period.
Intellectual Property Rights
The copyright in the information, content, material or data displayed on this Website belongs to Constructnet or our licensors. You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on this Website for your own personal use, subject to the following conditions:
- It may not be used for any commercial purposes and may not be commercially exploited, published, distributed, extracted, re-utilised or reproduced without our prior written consent.
- You may not use any automated software, process, program or system, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system.
- It may not be sold or transferred to any third party.
- The copy must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
- Images displayed on this Website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of their respective owner(s).
- No logos, trademarks or service marks displayed on this Website may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of such information, content, material or data.
- It may not be excerpted, utilised, used, reproduced, published, reformatted and/or displayed on any other website without our prior written consent.
- The status of us and our licensors as the authors of such information, content, material or data must be acknowledged.
- All intellectual property rights including, without limitation, all copyright, design rights, patents, inventions, logos, business names, trading names, service marks and trademarks, internet domain names, moral rights, rights in databases, data, source codes, software, specifications, know how, processes and business methods (in all cases whether registered or unregistered and including all rights to apply for registration) in and relating to this Website (including information, content, material or data displayed on it) belong to us or our licensors and all such rights are reserved.
- You shall retain ownership of any views, opinions, reviews, ratings, comments, content or material you submit, display, distribute, upload, post, share, publish or otherwise make publicly available on or through this Website (“User Content”). You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free and unlimited licence to use, modify, keep, share, sell, save, copy, distribute, publish, display, excerpt, reproduce, utilise, extract, make available and transmit such User Content in any manner and for any purpose.
Access to the Website
The content contained on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although Constructnet makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, please note that the content contained on the Website may be out of date at any given time and Constructnet are under no obligation to update it.
In case of customers experiencing emergency situations Constructnet aims to put such customers in touch with members who are able to provide a fast response through its mobile app. However, Constructnet cannot guarantee a specific response time and will not be liable for the failure of any member to succeed in providing any service in any specific time quoted.
Constructnet aims to:
- Improve the accountability and credibility of its members through publishing impartial feedback on their work;
- Promote quality service, workmanship and best practice among its members; and
- Promote its members to the public, isolating rogue traders.
Constructnet’s privacy notice which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to Constructnet (“Privacy Notice”). The Privacy Notice also sets out who we share the content you upload or provide with;
If you are a member, Constructnet’s Code of Conduct and Ethics, within the membership Terms and Conditions, will apply to the way in which you conduct your business.
Constructnet do not guarantee that the Website or any content contained on the Website will always be available or be uninterrupted.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Your access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis only whilst your membership is valid.
Constructnet may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice to you.
Constructnet will not be liable to you for any reason if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Links to third party websites and linking to the Website
The Website/Services may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that Constructnet has no control over such websites and is not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites.
You may link to the Website’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement by Constructnet where none exists.
Constructnet reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Constructnet cannot guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Constructnet will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, data, computer programs or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on the Website, or linked to the Website, where Constructnet have taken reasonable security to prevent this.
You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only and not:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purposes of harming or attempting to harm any person, business or entity in anyway;
- To undermine the purpose and provision of Services;
- To gain a competitive advantage over any businesses in your sector;
- To act in competition with the Services;
- To violate the privacy of others;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of solicitation;
- To reverse engineer, decompile, dissemble, decipher or otherwise derive the code used on the Website;
- To use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website; or
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy, sub-licence, broadcast, distribute, sell, re-brand or re-sell any part of the Website (without Constructnet’sexpress consent).
Uploading content to the Website
If you are over the age of 18 you are permitted to upload content. Where you upload content to the Website you must ensure that all content uploaded:
- Is accurate, true, up to date, genuine and not misleading;
- Is relevant and appropriate;
- Complies with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which the content is posted or viewed and does not promote illegal activity;
- Complies with the Privacy Notice and does not disclose any personal or confidential information;
- Does not contain material, which is or potentially could be defamatory, obscene, aggressive, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or rude;
- Does not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property rights of any person and where such content relates to an image, you must ensure that all necessary consents and authorisations have been obtained;
- Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Does not relate to the services provided by Constructnet;
- Does not have the purpose or effect of advertising, discussing or commenting on third party businesses who are not a Member;
- Is not threatening, abusive or invades others privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Does not impersonate any person or misrepresent identities or affiliations; or
- Does not give the impression that it emanates from Constructnet(if this is not the case).
Where content you upload does not comply with the Content Standards or requires clarification, Constructnet may contact you for further information, before publishing such content.
You warrant that all content you upload shall comply with the Content Standards, and you agree to indemnify Constructnet for any loss Constructnet suffers as a result of your failure to comply with the Content Standards.
Constructnet will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content uploaded by you to the Website.
Constructnet reserves the right to remove or withhold any content at any time which it considers fails to adhere with the Content Standards set out above.
Constructnet reserves the right to edit content you upload to amend spelling, grammar, punctuation, length, for the purposes of clarity and to ensure that the content can comply with the Content Standards.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of England and Wales.
You agree to indemnify and hold Constructnet and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Constructnet by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Constructnet in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, Constructnet will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
Whilst Constructnet makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all information it provides is accurate, Constructnet makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that the Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
Constructnet will not be liable to you for any loss suffered (even if such loss is foreseeable) in relation to your use or inability to use the Website, any inaccuracies or delays on the Website or any reliance by you on content contained on the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Constructnet for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Constructnet or that of its employees or agents.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Whilst every effort is made to verify statements and information submitted by the public and Constructnet members, the information compiled by Constructnet is based on information supplied by various individuals and businesses, it does not represent the views of Constructnet and Constructnet cannot be held responsible for any omissions or inaccurate claims that may appear.
Users of the service do hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Constructnet does not make any warranty or guarantee over the quality, timing, integrity, responsibility, legality or any other aspect whatsoever of the materials or services offered or delivered by its members to their customers.
You hereby expressly agree not to hold Constructnet (or Constructnet’s agents, representatives, advertisers or employees) liable for any instruction, advice or services delivered which originated through the website or associated Services and Constructnet expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown therefrom.
Constructnet will determine at its discretion, whether you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions constitutes a material breach and may result in Constructnet:
Temporarily or permanently withdraw your access to the Website;
Commence legal proceedings against you for your actions;
Disclose necessary information to law enforcement authorities.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.